Thursday, October 6, 2011

Super quick weeknight meal

We had a cold rainy day yesterday here in sunny So Cal, so everything seemed to take a bit longer than normal.  It took longer to get the kids ready; longer to pick them up; longer to run my errands.  I usually menu plan for the month, but this week was already a bit out of order, so I made a cheat meal on the fly.
Fish tacos for the adults, just the fish for the kids.  I baked frozen battered fish fillets, and threw on a couple of TJs Fish nuggets for the kids.  I had to buy small flour tortillas, since my wonderful husband does not like corn ones, and I also bought some shredded coleslaw mix (sans dressing) as a time saver. 
Add some salsa and lime, and voila...some very tasty tacos.  The kids had deconstructed fish tacos, eating the fish and tortillas separately with carrot sticks.  Kaitlyn filled her tortilla with shredded cheese; no surprise there.  Connor did take a bite of Jason's taco, but let it s l o w l y fall out of his mouth.  At least he tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment