Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Meh...

So, dinner last night was crock pot Orange Chicken. I will post the link, but it is definitely a "make at your own risk" recipe.  It was a big thumbs down from the kids and my husband described it as "interesting".  I tried to not cook it as long in the crock pot as that just kills the chicken, and I was close when I got home.  But, Kaitlyn wanted to go to Nicolas's house, and suddenly a five minute hello becomes a forty-five minute play date.  I didn't care for the chicken, but I thought the sauce was good, so we may see that part of it again.  I did a quick ambrosia salad to go with the sugar snap peas as a side.  The kids ate the peas, but left the pods, and ate the marshmallows and some of the oranges out of the salad, but left the pineapple and strangely enough, the whipped cream.  Oh well. 

Jason had class last night, and that meant it was just the kids and I.  We went for a cruise around the block, Kaitlyn on her scooter, and Connor on his big wheel/trike thing.  They were cruisin' so I did a bit of running to keep up with them.  As we then got ready for bed, Connor took Kaitlyn's Snow White doll and her doll rocking chair, went out to the living room, and rocked her to sleep.  So cute.  Apparently, he was hugging her in his sleep, but that was not enough to keep him from waking up at 1:45, and then staying awake until 3:30.  Aauuggh! 

I am now very tired.    Tonight's dinner is the pre-prepped and frozen lasagna rolls that I made last month.  Good news for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment