Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Polar Bear Party

I am choosing to ignore the fact I haven't posted for 5 whole months, and am just movin' on.

Connor's birthday is coming up, and since it is during the holiday, we are embracing the season and having a Polar Bear (Arctic friend) Party.

I started working on the cake, and I think it is coming out cute despite my husbands pointing out the non-snowy whiteness of the bears.



I think they are cute!  They are made from tootsie rolls.  Dollar tree had big vanilla ones.  They aren't as white as the vanilla midgees, but I think they are fine.  The little one got fatter and more "slumpier" as he cooled, but oh well.


Their igloo.  Hope it holds together when I transfer it to the cake.

Now, I just nee to create the jello pond, and then put it all together.

We will be playing a toss the snowball game, pin the hat on the polar bear, and maybe one more game, but I might just let them play.

Menu is all white - kettle popcorn, Monterey jack cheese bites, vanilla meringues, white chocolate covered oreos, apple slices, crackers and yogurt covered pretzels.  I might do pizza since we will need to eat before we head out to the boat parade, but we'll see.

8 maybe 9 kids are coming.  Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment